Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Here I Am Again!

I keep disappearing from this blog.  I couldn't sign into the account from which it was created because I forgot my password and got locked out from trying too many times.  Isn't that the thing with us Adult Survivors of Abuse (ASA?).  Or ACONs.  The Adult Children of Narcissists?  We just keep trying and trying, and then we get it right in the ass?

On one hand, I hate it because it was a trigger for me to start drinking heavily back in 2014, but on the other, I have gotten a smidge of relief by writing and reaching out to so many (around the world, even) who identify with what I have written.  It doesn't matter if you're from some Deep South, American shithole (as I am) or live in Sonoma, Broken Arrow, LA, DC, or Portland.  Wellington or Liverpool, Amsterdam or Adelaide (in the words of Forrest Gump..."It's this whole other country.").  It's as though we are talking about the same monster.

I do apologize for not responding to any comments, especially from "anonymous" on or around the 25 of November, 2015.  I didn't check this email account as much as I should have, but I will endeavor to do better about that.  So perhaps that will be a New Year's Resolution for me, and that's coming from someone who never makes them.

I will be updating this blog soon.  Writing more and staying sober while (whilst?) doing so.

More to come...

No comments: